Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday, July 1, 2013


Sister Orr and her dear friend Sister Smith
 
Phew... Flood of emotions right now. I just read an email from Paige. She's engaged!! I'm so happy I'll be there for the wedding! But wow... my best friend is engaged!

It's been a good week. It's flown by. We had a temple zone conference on Tuesday. That was good. We also gave our departing testimonies there. So that was also a moment of "Wait... it's not that time yet."

The members here feed us a lot. We have a tea appointment every night. We've had everything from salad to pizza to sausage casseroles. At least they mix things up here so we aren't having a Sunday roast every night.

Sister Telefoni and I have found a lot of time to talk this week. It's been really good. I've been able to get to know her better and we laugh and joke about everything. We are finding time to enjoy our last transfer and spending it together.

We watched the missionary broadcast last night. It was really good. Sounds like my mission isn't ending with me going home. They put so much emphasis on members and having members help and do things and find people to teach. President Monson looks like he's losing weight. Probably stress and sadness lately. President Packer--I don't know how much longer he is going to be with us. But it was good to listen to the general authorities speak and see a ward from Hauula! I knew some of them! Sister Telefoni and I were pretty excited to see that as well!

Well, nothing too much more exciting to tell. We are spending time at a member's home today helping her make and decorate cakes for an auction that they're doing at the church to raise money for the youth to go to EFY.

I love you lots. I received an email from Aunt Judy that had a picture of Kade, he is a cutey. Kind of looks a bit growly in the picture, but cute!

With love,

Kara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment