Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, June 3


It's been a good week. The weather's been really nice and seems to be staying that way for now. Our 2 weeks of summer may have finally arrived!

We are having a zone activity today so we aren't on the computers today as long as usual. We are having a BBQ today as a zone and then we will be playing some sports so I'm excited for a good day!

We got a referral this last week from the mission office. I didn't have any super high hopes because I haven't really seen a lot of miracles with those types of referrals on my mission, but we went and stopped by nonetheless. It's an 45 minute bus ride and then a 45 minute walk to the town where this referral is. We knocked and asked for her and she said, "Oh! I thought you were going to call first!" I explained we hadn't received a phone number so that's why we stopped by! She said she didn't have time at that moment to meet with us but gave us her number so we can set up an appointment for this week. So that was a really good miracle!

Sister Finke is doing well. I am realizing though that training a missionary who is learning English is a lot more tiring and exhausting that just training a missionary. I am learning patience a lot more than I have the rest of my mission. Yeah, I'm struggling at the moment with that. You know when you just have a day or two where just everything irritates you? That's been me the last 2 or 3 days and I am trying really hard to control it...

Hmm, what else. The ward has asked us to do a Relief Society night to help the sisters get to know us and help them get excited about missionary work. They asked us to do role-plays and some other things. It's a lot of pressure since I can't even get Sister Finke to do role-plays when we are in the flat studying. She kind of just watches me. So I have to figure out how to do that Wednesday with the relief society. I don't know whether I'll just teach and Sister Finke can observe or how I am going to get her involved.

The ward really likes having sisters. They always mention that they "trust us" more than the elders.

I don't think I have a whole lot else to write. Transfers are next week. I'll probably be staying, but who knows. So I would say that most likely you'll hear from me on Wednesday, but it might be later.

Hope this finds everyone all happy and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment