Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23, 2012

Seems like I just wrote so I don't have too much new and exciting things to say!

We have moved into our new flat. It took a bit more work than we had anticipated! Apparently no one has lived in the flat in 6 months so there was quite a bit of cleaning to do. The elders that work in the office drove down with new stuff for the flat and they helped us get all settled. They stayed in the old flat overnight Friday and then continued to help us move and arrange things on Saturday! So we have new beds and couches and mirrors and whatnot! At first we didn't quite think we could make this flat seem like home, but it is becoming more and more like home. This morning I placed little seashells around the house decoratively to give it a little something extra! :) only down side is that some of the radiators don't work. So there's not much heating. So I go to bed wearing my fleece pajamas with sweats over top, my BYUH hoodie with my fleece pajama top (and socks). Last night I finally was able to stay warm enough! It's cold here!

I haven't attached pictures in a while so I thought I ought to. I attached a picture of the front of the train station. I just wanted you to see just how long the name of the place I live is. It's gargantuan. I also attached 2 pictures of me at Penrhyn Castle. One is in the castle and the other is in the garden. I like the one in the castle because it reminds me of a quote from Tangled. "Guys, it's official. I want a castle." I kept saying that as we were touring the castle! :)

We haven't done too much else other than getting the flat moved since I last wrote. They did have a celebration in Liverpool on Saturday about the 175th anniversary of missionaries arriving in England via the Liverpool docks. So we had permission to drive up to Liverpool for that concert. It was kind of boring, but nice general feel. One of the members from our ward was there and her friend had an epileptic seizure partly through the concert and they had to call an ambulance and everything. So I was trying to help with that as I could, so it kept me occupied. It took almost 2 hours to drive to Liverpool and 2 hours back so it made for kind of late night, but it was fun.

Sister Jack is nice. And, yes mom, she is related to Sister Elaine Jack former General RS President; granddaughter.
     
Anyway, We have our multi-zone training tomorrow so I'll get post then. We also have Sisters conference on Friday so any other post may come then. In other news, we are booked for tea appointments for the week! I think that's a good sign the ward here likes us!




(This is a mom note:  I don't know why the blog keeps turning the pictures on their side, you'll just have to turn your head!?




No comments:

Post a Comment